Hello peeps. I’m ba-ack! I’ll be posting on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule from here on in. We’ll see how it goes!
These past few days I didn’t have my laptop. But I was thinking about music; a good friend of mine has the most insane and eclectic music collection that I’ve ever heard (or seen! )
In my previous Landslide post, I got requests from people to talk about music that I love.
So here’s a top ten list (in no particular order) of music that makes me give a damn about life:
1. Tori Amos – The Little Earthquakes album. Every song.
2. Arthur Rubinstien playing anything by Frederic Chopin. Oof. Something that a lot of people don’t know about me is that I initially started college as a music major. The plan was to be a concert pianist. That plan got derailed for a whole bunch of reasons. But man, in an alternative universe, I’d love to hear Arthur Rubinstein play live. And I’d be one lucky woman!
3. Karita Mattila: Her recording of Sibelius songs on Ondine. Touchstone for me. It always reminds me of a terrible previous job, but an amazing voice nonetheless!
4. Roxy Music -“Avalon.” Memories
5. Banda Sinaloense – “El Mechon.” This song makes me smile and laugh every time.
6. El Tri – “Parece Fácil.” A very good marriage guide! lol
7. Los Angeles Azules – “Suelta el Liston de Tu Pelo.” One of the first songs that I learned to sing in Spanish.
8. Underworld – Any album. R and I’s first date was their concert. I had no idea who they were at that time! lol
9. Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, The Police, Early Depeche Mode: My rock and alternative music formation.
10. 80’s music. My husband cringes! lol But I loved and love it all 100%!
What about you?