What’s up peeps. Feliz Friday.
So you can’t make all of the people happy all of the time.
Lordy loo, ain’t that the truth!
Let’s just have some fun today, shall we? Here are some perceptions about who I am, based solely on what people see in my show or even before my show, based on things as small as a poster. These have either been said to my face or told to someone else that I know.
1. I’m a classic Brooklyn Jew and all I care about is money.
2. I’m an angry Latina with a big bone to pick.
3. I’m a white girl and I’ve got nothing to teach the Latin@ community about immigration.
4. My show is an academic exercise and is solely intellectual.
5. My show is too emotional and over-the-top.
6. I use the show to push my Marxist agenda.
Whatever. I know that by standing onstage I’m inviting a whole load of other people’s baggage.
That’s life. That’s art.
But R isn’t onstage. He has final say in the script/visuals/sound. However, he’s not up there.
So attack me personally all you want.
But don’t touch R on a personal level.
Not because he’s perfect or that he’s beyond reproach. Not at all.
Honestly, if I have to explain the why about that to you, then you’re not going to get it anyway.
Big. Damn. Sigh.