Emily, from The Real Housewife of Ciudad Juárez tagged me to answer an old-school-style quiz about myself. If you haven’t heard her recent segment on NPR’s This American Life, go do it now. Emily and her husband, nicknamed Gordo, are exceptionally vulnerable, funny and real.
So let’s all get to know each other a little better, shall we?
5 Things I Have a Passion For:
1. Words. 2. Music. 3. My intersectionalities, and intersectionalitiies of others. This is what I mean by intersectionalities. 4. Radical immigration reform that is truly inclusive, non-militarized and led by the communities that are most directly affected. 5. Long talks with the loved ones in my life, where we talk about everything and nothing, with a lot of laughter smushed in between.
5 Things I’d Like To Do Before I Die
1. See my published books displayed in the front windows of bookstores. 2. Travel with my husband to all of the countries that we’d like to see in this lifetime. 3. Go to a FIFA World Cup with my husband and be there for the whole month of the competition. 4. Have the wedding that Picasso and I never had, and make it a memorable evening with family and friends. 5. Re-connect with my brother.
5 Things I Say A Lot
1. Oh, fuck. 2. Fucking hell/Are you fucking kidding me? 3. Youknowwhatimean? 4. Adding the diminutive -ypoo to any word, such as, “What are we going to have for lunchypoo?” 5. “I’m a hooker” for when I really like something, i.e., “I’m a hooker for pretzel rods.”
5 Books/Magazines I’ve Read Lately
1. Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher. 2. People magazine. 3. Poster Child by Emily Rapp. 4. Raising Fences by Michael Datcher 5. O magazine.
5 Favorite Movies
1. Antonia’s Line. 2. Fruitvale Station. 3. Sexo, Pudor y Lagrimas 4. The Sex of the Stars. 5. Documentaries (not necessarily one movie, but I love the genre.)
5 Places I’d Like To Travel
1. Ireland. 2. Up and down all of Latin America. 3. The United States, without fear, with my husband. 4. China. 5. Every vineyard that is on the hubby’s hit list, since I only buy wine by cute/colorful/funny labels
5 People I’d Like To Tag
And feel free to tage yourself and post in the comments or on your own blog!